Shared Services Distance Learning
Reynolds has expanded options for distance learning courses by offering students the opportunity to enroll in Shared Services Distance Learning courses offered through Northern Virginia Community College. SSDL courses are online courses that are delivered via Blackboard and can be taken anywhere that you have consistent internet connection.
Students will register for these distance learning courses via the Reynolds Student Information System, as they will do for any other Reynolds courses. After registration, students should contact the SSDL Reynolds liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about their courses. Many answers to your questions may be found in the SSDL Frequently Asked Questions. All SSDL courses require proctored exams. Students will be able to purchase textbooks from the Reynolds College bookstore (PRC).
Students who enroll in Shared Services Distance Learning courses will have access to all of the student support services provided by Reynolds Community College and Northern Virginia Community College. These services include
- MyReynolds (Blackboard, Student Information System, student email)
- Test proctoring at Reynolds Testing Centers , at a NOVA Testing Center, or at other approved sites
- All Reynolds student services and NOVA’s student services
- 24/7 Help Desk supported by NOVA (restricted to SSDL students only)
- ELife – the NOVA ELI student blog
- Reynolds SSDL liaison at email@example.com or 804-523-5612
Shared Services Distance Learning Courses currently available to Reynolds students:
- GER 101 – Beginning German I
- GER 102 – Beginning German II
- GER 201 – Intermediate German I
- GER 202 – Intermediate German II
- CHM 260 – Introductory Biochemistry
For answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Shared Services Distance Learning, go to the FAQ Web page.