Contemporary Italian Art & Culture
This tour will focus on contemporary art, music, dance, and film. We will participate in outdoor summer festivals, including an opera performance in Verona’s 2000-year-old outdoor Coliseum, and contemporary cultural museums, including the Ferrari Museum in Modena and the Gucci Museum in Florence. Enjoy wonderful food, a rich culture, and spectacular scenery.
May 20 - June 24 First five-week session
Tue/Thu | 6 p.m. - 10:20 p.m.
Reynolds Community College | Parham Road Campus
HUM 295: Contemporary Italian Art and Culture
Transferable, inter-disciplinary course will focus on contemporary art, music, dance, film, and literature, and includes guest lectures, visit to VMFA, food, instruction on Italian language and culture, and Italian film.
3 credit hours (transferable credit)
Course Tuition: $499.80 (in state)
To participate in the trip, you must audit or enroll in the course for credit.
12 Days in Italy
Depart: Monday, June 24
Return: Friday, July 5
$4379 per person: Single Accommodations (1 person to a room)
$3879 per person: Double Accommodations (2 people to a room)
$3730 per person: Triple Accommodations (3 people to a room)
Payment 1: $1200 is due December 3, 2018
Payment 2: $1200 is due January 7, 2019
Payment 3: $1200 is due February 11, 2019
Final Payment: remaining balance is due April 8, 2019
PLEASE NOTE: Leftover funds from financial aid in the fall and spring may be applied to travel costs!
Program fee includes:
Round trip airfare, Richmond to Italy (includes airport transfers)
- Luxury motor coach and train transportation in Italy
- Hotel accommodations (single, double, or triple occupancy) in beautiful, centrally located 3- and 4-star hotels in Venice (3 nights), Verona (1 night), Florence (3 nights), Sorrento (3 nights), and Rome (1 night).
- Full-Time Tour Guide
- Full breakfast daily and five dinners, including welcome dinner in Venice and closing banquet in Rome, and wine tasting and lunch at Altarroca Winery in Orvieto
- Excursions to Verona, Bologna, San Gimignano, and Ravello
- ALL entrance fees to museums and tickets for performances:
- Venice: 58th Venice Biennale, Palazzo Fortuny, Peggy Guggenheim Museum
- Florence: Palazzo Strozzi, Gucci Museum; San Gimignano Contemporary Art Walk
- Amalfi Coast: Amalfi Coast Bus Tour, Ravello Summer Festival
- ALL taxes, surcharges, gratuities, and applicable fees
Participants will be responsible for additional meals and personal expenses.
Parham Road Campus
Monday, October 15 | 1 - 2:30 p.m. | Burnette Hall, Room 206
Wednesday, October 17 | 6 - 7:30 p.m. | Burnette Hall, Room 213
Wednesday, October 17 | 1 - 2:30 p.m. | Room 330
If you are unable to attend one of the scheduled information sessions, contact Dr. Jane Rosecrans at email@example.com for detailed information or to schedule an appointment to discuss this wonderful opportunity!