2021 Commencement Ceremony
We are thrilled to announce plans for in-person Commencement ceremonies this spring! Based on Governor Northam’s new guidance, we are planning two outdoor ceremonies at the Parham Road Campus on May 15, 2021. This page has important information you will need to know to participate. Please read this page carefully.
Advance registration is mandatory. You must register by Saturday, May 1 by 5 p.m. A link to register has been emailed to each potential graduate, but you can also register with the link below.
To register you will need
- Your Reynolds student ID # (Your student ID# is listed on the backside of your student ID card. You can also view it by logging into your MyReynolds account. At the top left corner, click view my information).
- Names of your two guests and their email addresses (This is needed for contact tracing).
REGISTRATION – You MUST register by Saturday, May 1 at 5 p.m. to participate.
You will receive a confirmation email from “email@example.com” with your confirmation and tickets.
Each graduate can register and bring two guests to their ceremony.
Based on state guidance to minimize the spread of coronavirus, specific health and safety measures will be in effect for those attending.
All participants will be required to wear face masks and maintain proper social distancing at all times while on campus.
These in-person ceremonies will take place rain or shine and will not be rescheduled or moved indoors due to state guidance. Both ceremonies will be streamed online for those unable to attend.
Ceremonies will be held on the Parham Road Campus in front of the Massey Library Technology Center. Your school is listed under the ceremony time, either 10 a.m. or 2 p.m. You can determine your school by looking at this page and finding your major/program. For more information and questions, see FAQs.
• The School of Business
• The School of Health Professions
• The School of Humanities and Social Sciences
• The School of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematic
When you register, you will have the opportunity to create a custom graduate slide. This can include a photo and personal statement. You will receive a copy of your slide as a keepsake and Reynolds will have them in the event we have to pivot to a virtual celebration if state guidelines change.
Regalia is available from the Bookstore.
Please see Regalia for more information, pricing, and a Bookstore Coupon. Regalia IS required to march in the in-person ceremonies.
• Order by Friday, April 23 to receive by Saturday, May 1 (to wear in graduate slide photos)
• Order by Friday, May 7 to receive by Saturday, May 15 (to wear in ceremony)
*Note, shipping not available the last week prior to the ceremony. Pick up orders only.
Caps/gowns/tassels are encouraged in your graduate slide photos, but are not required.
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS FOR GRADUATES
If you have any questions concerning the ceremony, or if you are requesting reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 804-523-5030 or firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1. The office may be unable to accommodate requests received after this date. We are unable to make accommodations for guests.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON COMMENCEMENT DAY
All graduates should plan to arrive one hour prior to their ceremony start time to check-in. Additional details about parking, where to go, what to bring, etc. will be shared soon. Continue to monitor your Reynolds email account and the graduation web page for the latest updates.
Students who have fulfilled the requirements for an AA, AS, AAS degree or a certificate program are eligible for graduation honors (students completing career studies certificates are ineligible for graduation honors). The honors based upon scholastic achievement are as follows:
Graduating GPA cumulative
3.200 Cum laude (with honor)
3.500 Magna cum laude (with high honor)
3.800 Summa cum laude (with highest honor)
Applying for Summer 2021 Graduation
Students must complete the graduation application online through the Student Information System. The online application makes for a more efficient graduation process while ensuring accuracy of information for diplomas and graduation correspondence. The summer application deadline is June 30, 2021.
How to apply (Graduation Application Tutorial video)
A curricular student eligible for graduation is required to complete and submit the online application for graduation for each degree, certificate or career studies certificate program by the deadline for that semester or term. Students applying from more than one plan shall include all plans on the application. If a student files for graduation, but does not graduate, the student must reapply for a later graduation date. Students may graduate after fall, spring or summer terms.
To be awarded a degree or certificate, students must complete all program requirements as specified in their catalog with a minimum of 25% of credits earned at Reynolds.
- Students must earn a grade point average of at least 2.000 in the curriculum.
- Students must submit all documentation of training, education, or tests from organizations outside of Reynolds to the Office of the Registrar Office by the last day of classes in the final semester. All Reynolds courses must also be completed by the last day of classes in the final semester. Incomplete grades must also be completed by the last day of classes to be used for graduation. The School Dean for the curriculum must recommend the student for graduation, and the Registrar must certify completion of all graduation requirements.
- The student must resolve all financial obligations with Reynolds and must return all library and college materials.