J. Sargeant Reynolds Academic Computing Centers (ACC) are available to all currently enrolled students, with a valid student ID, for completion of college coursework and Internet Research.
- Patrons must present their JSRCC student ID whenever using the Academic Computing Center (formally known as the Open Lab). No exceptions!
- Patrons will not view any material that is in violation of The Commonwealth
of Virginia Ethics Code Title 18.2, Chapter 5, Section 152.1-8, VCCS
Information Technology Student/Patron Ethics Agreement & JSRCC
Usage Of Computers And Computer Information Resources Policy 4-32 . This
includes pornography, cultural, ethical and racial discrimination and
violent material unless authorized for class research.
- The college has a low-cost pay-to-print system used from all computers in the campus libraries and academic computing centers. Review pay-to-print information.
- Patrons may not bring children in the ACC unless special permission given by College personnel per JSRCC Policy 4-31.
- Patrons will not download any software on any College PC or alter the hardware or software installation for any reason per JSRCC policy 4-32.
- Patrons will not eat or drink in any ACC, Computer Lab or Classroom per JSRCC
- Policy 4-3 bullet Patrons will be responsible for learning and respecting Academic Computing policies.
- Patrons will stay at the computer station assigned to them unless a change is coordinated with the lab staff.
- Patrons will respect the privacy of others using the ACC to include keeping noise to a minimum so as not to disturb others.
- Patrons will not use college computing resources to support any commercial venture or for personal financial gain per JSRCC policy 4-32.
- Patrons are responsible for cleaning up their assigned computer station upon leaving and close out all applications.
- Patrons will report to the lab staff any malfunction that occurs at their assigned station.
- Patron stations may be monitored by the Computer Lab Technicians or Lab Assistants at any time.
- Academic Computing Center staff will not do your work for you. They are there for technical assistance only.