VPT Waiver Options
You may be able to waive the placement tests and place directly into college-level classes.
You are ready for college-level math if:
- You have a high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.0+ and completed an Algebra Intensive Course above Algebra II. An algebra intensive course above Algebra II is Trigonometry, Math Analysis, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, and Algebra III.
- Or, if you have an SAT math score of 530+
- Or, if you have an ACT math score of 22+
If you have a GPA of 2.7 - 2.9, you may be able to test out of some developmental math courses. If you have a GED score of 155+ you may be able to test out of some developmental math courses.
You are ready for college-level English if:
- You have a high school GPA of 3.0+
- Or, if you have an SAT-ERW score of 480+
- Or, if you have an ACT English & Reading score of 18+
- Or, a GED score of 165+
If you have a GPA of 2.7 - 2.9, you may be able to test out of some developmental English courses.
The Office of Admissions & Records reviews your official documents to determine placement. You may turn in:
- High School Transcript
- Official SAT scores
- Official ACT scores
- GED scores
- College Transcripts
- Advanced Placement (AP) program or International Baccalaureate (IB) program credit.
- High School seniors can also submit a transcript after their first semester of high school senior year to determine if placement tests are necessary.
Official documents can be sent to the Office of Admissions and Records for evaluation:
Reynolds Community College, Office of Admissions and Records, P.O. Box 85622, Richmond, VA 23285 or call 804-523-5029 with questions about waivers.
High school GPA is valid for five (5) years after the date of high school graduation. SAT, ACT and GED scores are valid for five (5) years after the date of the test.