- Students who are placed on a waiting list should return to or call the ASC periodically to check for an appointment. We will attempt to contact you by Reynolds email or phone as soon as a tutor match is made.
- Always be on time for tutoring appointments. (Due to limited waiting space, plan to arrive no more than 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment.) If you are unable to keep your appointment and need to reschedule, call (804) 523-5687 (DTC) or (804) 523-5927 (PRC and GC). If you do not show for a scheduled appointment within the first 15 minutes, without contacting the ASC, you will be considered a no show.
You must cancel by 5 p.m. on the day prior to your appointment or you will be considered a no show. If you are a no show for two appointments for the same course in a term, the Academic Support Centers will not make any further appointments for you with a peer tutor for the remainder of that term. Faculty walk-in hours or ASC multimedia resources will continue to be available.
- If Reynolds is officially closed and you miss an appointment, you must reschedule your appointment.
- The Academic Support Center, like your classroom, is not a place for children or visitors. Please make arrangements for appropriate supervision of children outside the ACS during your appointment.
Get the most from your tutoring sessions. Students should be prepared for a tutorial appointment.
- Come to the appointment with a clear objective in mind.
- Always bring textbooks, paper, and writing implements.
- Bring syllabus or written requirements for assignments as well as any notes or other course materials (i.e. storage device, calculator, etc.) pertinent to the learning task.
- Bring storage medium if work is in electronic format.
- Bring a calculator or other tools related to the assignment.