The Student Ambassador program is a selective program of emerging student leaders who embody the spirit of Reynolds. Reynolds Student Ambassadors assist with various college events. These events may host prospective students, current students, faculty, administration, key community partners, alumni and more. Ambassadors also participate in personal and professional development opportunities.
What duties are performed by the Reynolds Student Ambassadors?
- Represent the Reynolds student community at college-sponsored events like graduation, convocation, orientation, and more.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student
- Attend monthly meetings
- Be available for at least 8 hours of service each month
- Other events/tasks as assigned
What are the requirements to become an Ambassador?
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours during each fall and spring semester.
- Reynolds or high school G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher.
- Two (2) references
- At least one reference from a Reynolds staff or faculty member (none from family members.)
- Possess a willingness to work with groups in problem solving and decision-making to attain group goals and objectives.
- Sign “Student Ambassador Agreement” which will outline expectations of responsibilities.
- Complete annual Student Ambassador Training
- Position has a one academic year commitment- may be invited to return a second year
What are the benefits of being an Ambassador?
- Meet new and interesting students, faculty, staff, and friends!
- Develop your communication and leadership skills- looks great on your resume!
- Graduation Recognition
- Student Ambassador Swag
- A PAID stipend!
Interested in becoming a Student Ambassador? Complete theStudent Ambassador Application
(must sign into your VCCS email account to complete application)