Student Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR)
Welcome to Reynolds!
If you are a new student for fall semester 2020, you will need to participate in SOAR (New Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration). At this time we are offering a completely virtual orientation experience for our incoming students.
Our virtual orientation experience will ensure you can get started on your journey with Reynolds NOW! Orientation allows you to…
- Interact with staff and students
- Meet one on one with an academic advisor
- Explore how to pay for college options and make a plan
- Learn how to navigate your MyREYNOLDS account
- Create your fall schedule
- Discover free services like tutoring, student accommodations, and how to get involved in campus activities
If you are interested in taking classes at Reynolds while in high school, please visit our Dual Enrollment Page.
It all begins with Orientation Checklist. This checklist will walk you through each step of enrollment, provide helpful videos and refer you to specific offices at the college for assistance should you need it. Orientation at Reynolds is a two-step process:
- Complete online orientation – directions are included in the checklist
- Participate in a live Virtual SOAR session using Zoom – registration is required. The registration form is included in the checklist and the dates for upcoming sessions are included below.
Attention Culinary and Pastry Arts Students - Special SOAR Sessions!
You should still complete the Orientation Checklist and then attend the Culinary and Pastry Arts Virtual SOAR sessions to ensure you receive customized information for students in these programs.
The session consists of a 90 minute workshop, a 15 minute appointment with a culinary advisor and then 30 minutes of assistance with registering for classes. See dates and times below:
- Wednesday July 22 – morning
- Required attendance 9:00 – 10:30am
- Sign up in advance for a 45 minute advising and registration appointment. Appointments will occur between 10:30 – 1:30pm
- Thursday August 6 – evening
- Required attendance 5:00 – 6:30pm
- Sign up in advance for a 45 minute advising and registration appointment. Appointments will occur between 6:30 – 9:30pm
Register using the forms below in the calendar.
Attention Engineering Students - Special Engineering SOAR Sessions!
You should still complete the Orientation Checklist and then attend one of the two Engineering Virtual SOAR sessions to ensure you receive customized information for students in the Engineering program. The next session will be held July 17 and you can register using this form.
Be sure to check your personal email regularly, Reynolds will send important messages regarding admissions, financial aid, advising and more.
Questions? Contact us at 804-523-5155 or email@example.com.
Other Useful Information:
Students taking classes to transfer to their home institution should complete a transient student form. Attendance at SOAR is not required for transient students.
If you want to start classes this summer, you can choose to participate in SOAR (recommended) or see an advisor in one of our Advising Services offices.