Transfer Colleges & Planning
Deciding on your next steps can be confusing. To help you choose the best options, information about Virginia four-year colleges and universities can be found here. This information provides guidance on the transfer process for each institution. Simply use the drop-down lists below to select the college or university you are interested in attending.
For more information contact a career and transfer advisor.
Getting Ready to Transfer?
*Make sure you know the application deadline. Go to the transfer admissions site of your intended institution to find out.
*Some institutions want students to complete a letter of interest or letter of intent. This is the student's responsibility. Check the transfer institution's website for due dates for these forms. Some institutions with a letter of intent are:
- College of William and Mary (required for guaranteed admissions agreement one year prior to application)
- James Madison University
- Old Dominion University
- Be sure to check your institution's website to see if they have a letter of intent!
*Some institutions will require students to send in the "College Report" form from the Common Application . For institutions that do not use the Common Application, they may have a form that students need to complete by a Reynolds official. These forms can be completed by following this process:
- Student must submit a request to Registrar@reynolds.edu from their Reynolds/VCCS email account. If they send the request from any other account, they will be required to complete a Release of Information form and attach to the email from their non-Reynolds email account.
- In the email, they should include:
- The form that needs to be completed with their portion filled out (attached to email);
- Their student ID number; and
- The schools and email addresses where they want the completed form to be sent.
- The Registrar’s office will complete the form in its entirety; if information is needed from other college officers, such as the Dean of Students, that will be completed by the Registrar. The Registrar’s Office will send to intended 4 year school recipient(s) identified by the student.
- Students are responsible for sending transcripts, which can be ordered in their MyReynolds account. Most institutions want a current transcript and a final transcript.
- If required by the 4-year institution, students are responsible for sending mid-term grade reports.