Sports and Recreation
Intramural sports are organized, extracurricular, team and individual sports and activities which are separate from Club Sports or Intercollegiate Athletics and are recreationally competitive in nature. Reynolds intramural sports and activities are typically set up in a tournament or season fashion in which individuals or teams comprised of a group or friends, co-workers, student organization or club members compete to earn the title of Intramural Sports Champion.
Reynolds’ Intramural Sports and activities are open to current students, faculty and staff members. Teams may be comprised of members from any of those classifications.
It doesn’t matter if you are a star athlete or just want to have fun. Intramural Sports has something for everyone.
Why should I participate in Intramural Sports?
The Intramural Sports program offers Reynolds community members an opportunity to get involved and engage the campus community outside of the classroom in a social manner which may positively affect your personal physical and mental health through participation in safe, organized, competitive, recreational-sports and activities.
How do I register to participate?
There are various ways to sign up for intramural sports depending on the specific sport or activity. Please take a look at the description of sports for specific registration information
Flag Football is scheduled through www.IMLeagues.com. Follow the instructions/prompts to complete the individual registration process. Once you have completed the individual registration process, you will be able to create a team, request to join a team or join as a “Free Agent” for the various sports and activities as they occur.
You will need your @reynolds.edu (Faculty/Staff) or @email.vccs.edu (Student) email address to register. If you are a returning user, sign in to create a team, request to join a team or list yourself as a “Free Agent."
Signing up for Intramurals
Listed below are instructions on how to sign up for IMLeagues. If you have not played intramurals at Reynolds before, please complete the following steps:
- Create an IMLeagues account:
Note: IMLeagues offers a “live support” button in the top right corner of all pages, please use this button if you encounter any difficulties.
- Visit www.imleagues.com/reynolds and click Create Account.
- Enter your information, and use your School email (@email.vccs.edu or @reynolds.edu) and submit.
- You will be sent an activation email, click the link in the email to login and activate your IMLeagues account.
- You should be automatically joined to your school – If not you can search schools by clicking the “Schools” link.
- Then follow the steps below to actually sign up for basketball.
If you have played intramurals at Reynolds before, complete the following steps:
- Log in to your IMLeagues.com account.
- Click the Player Signup orange button and then the Create Team/Join Team at the top right of your User Homepage page or
- Click on the “Reynolds Community College” link to go to your school’s homepage on IMLeagues.
- The current sports will be displayed, click on the sport you wish to join.
- Choose the league you wish to play in.
- You can join the sport one of three ways:
Create a team (For team captains)
Captains can invite members to their team by clicking the “Invite Members” link on the team page. Any invited members must accept the invitation to be joined to your team.
If they’ve already registered on IMLeagues: search for their name, and invite them.
If they haven’t yet registered on IMLeagues: scroll down to the “Invite by Email Address” box, and input their email address.
Join a team
Use the Create/Join Team Button at top right of every page
Accepting a request from the captain to join his team
Finding the team and captain name on division/league page and requesting to join
Going to the captain’s player card page, viewing his team, and requesting to join.
Join as a Free Agent
You can list yourself as a free agent in as many divisions within a league as you’d like. You will be visible to all members of the site and can request to join teams, or post information about yourself so teams can request to add you to their team.