Parham Road Campus
Monday | 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday | 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday | Available by appointment
*Please email email@example.com to schedule your appointment with the Goochland Campus Business Office.
Methods of Tuition Payment
Pay your tuition in person at any campus Business Office during regular office hours. You may pay in person with cash, check, money order or accepted credit cards (VISA, MasterCard & Discover). Please note that effective October 19, 2020 credit/debit card transactions are assessed a service fee of up to 2.70% by Nelnet Business Solutions. Effective June 1, 2022 Nelnet will be increasing the service fee to 2.80%. If anticipated Financial Aid is shown for the particular semester and sufficient to cover your tuition and fee balance in full, no action is required. Classes will be held as long as the account balance does not exceed the anticipated aid for that particular semester. Account balances that occur from a shortage of semester-anticipated financial aid must be paid in full by Reynolds payment deadlines.
You may pay online 24/7 for the current term with a Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit card, eCheck from a checking or savings account. Online payment is processed using Nelnet ePay. Please note that effective October 19, 2020 credit/debit card transactions are assessed a service fee of up to 2.70% by Nelnet Business Solutions. Effective June 1, 2022 Nelnet will be increasing the service fee to 2.80%. eCheck payments using a checking or savings account are not assessed a service fee. Please select the term you wish to pay carefully. Selecting the incorrect term may result in classes being dropped for non-payment. See Nelnet ePay instructions.
To help meet students' educational expenses, Reynolds provides access to the Nelnet Payment Plan. Nelnet is an outside company that offers the payment plan to students at Reynolds.
For a non-refundable Nelnet enrollment fee, students may pay tuition in defined monthly installments to Nelnet. There is no credit check to participate in the payment plan. Payments are made automatically from the bank account (checking or savings) or credit card you specify. There is an additional fee assessed for using a credit card. Students should understand their responsibilities for participation in the payment plan. Visit www.mycollegepaymentplan.com/reynolds to learn more about how to access the payment plan option.
Third Party Payments (Employers, Child Care Scholarships, and Savings Plans)
The Business Office Third Party Billing will bill a third-party sponsor for a student’s tuition and fees. A valid authorization from the organization must be submitted at the time of enrollment or by the posted payment due date.
A DND (Do Not Drop) indicator is placed on the student’s account to prevent their classes from being dropped for non-payment. Students will continue to see a balance on their student account until the billing process is complete. We recommend students enroll in all courses at once, regardless of the session.
Students are responsible for any balances or fees not covered by the sponsoring organization. Payments not made by the payment deadline could result in students losing some or all of their desired courses. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-874-6682.
Authorization Options for Employers
Complete a Third Party Agreement
- The Third Party Tuition Sponsorship Agreement is in the best interest of the student, the college, and the sponsoring organization.
- An authorized agent for the company should complete the Third Party Tuition Sponsorship Agreement.
Submit a Letter of Authorization
Billing authorizations must be on company letterhead and include the following:
- Company name, billing address and phone number
- Organization’s Federal Tax ID number
- Contact person, phone number and email address
- Student’s name and student ID#
- The semester and year of sponsorship
- A statement acknowledging the company’s responsibility for the student’s tuition and fees.
Company vouchers of Letters of Credit (ex. Amazon, Ed Assist, UPS)
Agreements or authorization letters should be:
- Emailed to email@example.com
- Emailed authorizations must be in a PDF format – pictures are not acceptable.
- Dropped off at any Campus Business Office
- Faxed to 804-523-5099
Amazon’s Career Choice program is an education benefit that empowers eligible Amazon employees to learn new skills for career success at Amazon or elsewhere. Amazon provides a variety of education and upskilling opportunities including pre-paid college tuition, industry certifications designed to lead to in-demand jobs, and foundational skills such as English language, high school diplomas, and GEDs after working for the company for 90 days. Learn more at amazoncareerchoice.com.
Child Care Scholarships (Dept. of Education VCCPSP & VECF Project Pathfinders)
- Students receiving the VCCPSP or Project Pathfinders scholarships should enroll in their authorized courses.
- The student must notify the Business Office once they have enrolled in their authorized courses.
- Email your scholarship approval letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off a copy at any Campus Business Office
- Payments of fees not covered by a scholarship can be made online with Nelnet ePay or in person at any Campus Business Office.
- VCCPSP & Project Pathfinders Child Care scholarships will only pay In-State Tuition Rates.
PLEASE NOTE: Students receiving an outside Community or Corporate Scholarship should contact the Reynolds Scholarship Office at email@example.com or 804-523-5084. Visit Outside Scholarships | Reynolds Community College for more details.
Virginia Prepaid529 (Reynolds will invoice Virginia529)
- The Savings Plan account holder must contact Virginia529 to complete the “Intent to Enroll” form.
- Student enrolls in classes.
- Virginia Prepaid529 will provide the Business Office with a list or roster of students planning to attend Reynolds Community College.
- A DND (Do Not Drop) indicator is placed on the student’s account to prevent their classes from being dropped for non-payment.
- After the final enrollment Census Date (last day to drop a class and receive a refund) has passed, Reynolds Community College will invoice VA Prepaid529 for the student’s tuition and fees.
- The student will continue to see a balance on their student account until the billing process is complete.
- Virginia Prepaid529 will only pay In-State Tuition Rates.
Virginia529 Savings Plans – (direct payment)
These plans pay for any qualified higher education expenses. Some common savings plan vendors are Virginia529 Invest, College America, American Funds, USAA, Vanguard and Trusts. If you are planning to use your 529 Savings Plan, please make certain you are familiar with the payment due dates for the semester to allow enough time for payment to post.
Past due Balances
The college notifies students of any past-due account balances. With the exception of current classes, college services are suspended for students with past-due balances. Past-due accounts are listed with a state-approved collection agency and the state debt set-off program. A collection fee is added to the amount of the past due balance. College services are restored once the student account is paid in full.
Returned Check Fee
A $35 fee is charged for all checks, including eChecks, returned to the college by financial institutions.
Taxpayers may enjoy a credit against Federal income tax liability under certain conditions for funds spent for college education. Tuition and certain fee expenses paid to Reynolds Community College and all other Virginia community colleges are eligible for the credit pursuant to applicable tax law. Federal form 1098-T reports necessary information to students for the calendar year. Students having questions regarding this information may contact Reynolds Community College 1098-T telephone HOTLINE at 855-874-6682.
1098-T forms are mailed out by Jan. 31 each year. Additional copies of your current 1098-T form or previous years' forms can be accessed on the TRA website at https://tra.maximus.com/.