School of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering
Math Coaching and Support
Math doesn't have to be scary
Whether you need help with a single homework assignment or ongoing support through the completion of your courses, Math Central coaches are there to provide important tools for success and to cheer you on.
Math Central Instructional Coaches provide support for:
- Developmental Mathematics Courses
- Fundamental Mathematics Courses
- College-level Mathematics Courses
- Assistance with software registration for MyMathLab (MML), WileyPlus, MyOpenMath, etc.
- Advising and registration assistance for Mathematics courses
Walk-in Hours (best suited for VPT Prep, BSK 1, MTE 1 - MTH 170)
Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday* 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
*(PRC, use 105 Burnette Hall, Saturdays ONLY)
(Math Central will be closed during Spring Break, March 19 to March 25, 2018.)
**Changes in operational hours/location will be posted on each location door as needed.
Individual appointments are available upon request. Requests are made online at www.meetme.so/MathCentral. Upon receipt of your request, you will be scheduled to meet with a person qualified to help you with the course topic. You will be notified by your campus email as to when and where to meet. Students may also come directly to a Math Central location to make a request or email MathCentral@reynolds.edu.
If you are seeking assistance with preparing for the VPT (Virginia Placement Test), or you have questions about the VPT, please feel free to contact us or visit the nearest Math Central lab. We will be glad to offer you practice opportunities before taking the actual test.
Math Central Locations:
Downtown Campus - room 216 (804-523-5037)
Parham Road Campus – Room 112, Brookside Hall (804-523-5525)
NOTE: Brookside Hall is temporarily closed on Saturdays. Math Central will use room 105 Burnette Hall during this down time to meet with students.
Math Central Contacts:
Mrs. Jackie Victory, Downtown Room 658 (804-523-5538)
Mr. Daniel Westfall, Parham (Brookside Hall) Room 112 (804-523-5525)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Our Coaches
Math Central coaches are not only knowledgeable, they are great mentors who lead by example. Students often develop meaningful friendships with their coaches and feel convinced that they can, indeed, "do math." Math Central offers walk-in, individual, and group coaching sessions.
Instructional coaches are qualified to teach several of our courses. Instructional coaches may offer topics through workshops or individual tips on how to study math. Peer coaches are students or graduates that have completed a college level mathematics course and have been recommended by our instructors to work in Math Central. Our peer coaches work directly with students by helping them with course content and mentoring them to become better prepared mathematics students.
Contact Math Central for help with the following FAQ's
- Which MTE class should I take?
- How do I tell if this is a lecture class?
- What is the difference between a lecture class, a partial lecture class, a computer only class, and a distance class?
- How do I get help registering for MyMathLab (MML)?
- What do I do if I forgot my MML password?
- What happens if I don’t purchase a MML kit?
- Do I really need to purchase a textbook?
- My temporary MML account has expired. What do I do next?
- Where can I go for help with my homework?
- How will I know if I passed my MTE class?
- If I do not pass my current MTE class do I go to the next class on my schedule?
Schedule subject to change Updated 12/04/2017