Applicants must provide the following:
1. A completed employment application form for the Academic Support Centers.
2. A letter of recommendation from a teaching faculty member who has knowledge
ability to tutor in the subjects you identify. If this is not possible, an interview with the subject program head will be scheduled.
3. A brief paragraph explaining the strengths you would bring to the job. Please include information about your familiarity with computers.
4. Non-JSRCC applicants please provide information on the highest level of coursework attained. (Transcript preferred)
5. All applicants for position of tutor of English (writing) must provide a portfolio which includes three samples of your writing. The portfolio must contain a variety of writing styles.
6. In addition to the portfolio, JSRCC applicants for the position of tutor of English (writing) must provide a letter of reference from a JSRCC English instructor who has knowledge of your writing strengths and the following information about:
Semester ENG 111 was completed___________ Grade _____
Semester ENG 112 was completed ___________ Grade_____
7. All applicants for the position of Mathematics tutor should have completed MTH 163 or MTH 166 with a grade of B or better. JSRCC applicants for the position of tutor of Mathematics must provide a letter of reference from a JSRCC Mathematics instructor who has knowledge of your mathematical ability and the following information about:
Semester MTH 163/166 was completed_________ Grade_____
An interview is required. Your interview will be arranged by the coordinator of Academic Support Centers after your application is completed and reviewed.
If hired, all tutors must attend one training session before working with students. Training sessions are held a minimum of once a semester. All tutors are required to participate in additional organized training activities each semester. Training may include one-on-one work with faculty supervisors.