Orientation Preparation Checklist
New Student Orientation, Advising and Registration, better known as SOAR, is for students who are new to Reynolds and have never completed a semester of college. In order to ensure you are prepared, please complete the items below before participating in orientation:
apply To Reynolds
Complete the admissions application for Reynolds. It is free and only takes 15 minutes to complete!
log on to MyReynolds
Log into MyREYNOLDS. Begin checking your Student Information System (SIS) and personal email account at least weekly prior to the start of the semester.
- If you don’t have your password, call 804-371-3000 to have it reset
- It is essential to set up your security questions within 24 hours of logging in- Do not skip this step!
Complete the FAFSA
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid known as FAFSA.
- Need help with the FAFSA? Attend a workshop prior to your SOAR session and increase your chances of getting aid faster!
- Learn more about scholarships at Reynolds.
check account for holds
Check your account “Holds” in MyREYNOLDS. This video will help you navigate SIS: Holds Video
- New Student Orientation (NSO) holds will be removed after meeting with your advisor. Email email@example.com if you have questions about this hold.
Students need to submit a final official high school transcript or GED to the Admissions Office after graduation.
If you have transfer credit from another college or university, SAT or ACT scores, and/or AP/IB scores, send the official transcript to the Registrar’s Office.
Begin Monitoring Your Online Student Center
- Your "To Do" list will show if any financial aid related documentation is needed after Reynolds has received your FAFSA. Here's another helpful video to show you how: To Do Video.
- Your "Message Center" is where you would receive additional messages concerning financial aid, including updates about eligibility and notification of your award.
- Consult "Financial Aid Central" for more helpful financial aid resources.
explore programs & Careers
Check out the Navigate icon in your MyREYNOLDS account to see your path based on the program or major you selected. If you are undecided, or do not see your program in Navigate, look at our list of A-Z programs. You may also meet with a Career Counselor to review your program of choice by visiting our Career Services Website.
Complete the advising questionnaire, which will help place you in the appropriate math and English classes to complete your college studies in less time, saving more money.
If you can't find your Username and Empl ID, or don't have an available term for enrollment, call the Reynolds Information Center at (804) 371-3000.
complete the online orientation MOdules
Complete the online new student orientation modules. These modules provide you with more detailed new student information and allows you to revisit these modules in the future! Visit Go2Reynolds to get started:
- Click on Create Account.
- Enter the required information.
- Create your own password.
- Complete "New Student Orientation" on the left side.
Meet with an advisor & ATTEND WELCOME DAY
If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-523-5155.