Department of Police
Reynolds Community College Police Department Holiday Safety Tips
The Reynolds Department of Police is concern for its community safety and security, especially during the holiday season. The holiday season is always a special time of year. It is also a time when busy people become careless and vulnerable to theft and other holiday crime. We can never be too careful, too prepared or too aware. Please share this information with family, friends and neighbors. The Reynolds Police Department wishes you a safe, happy and peaceful holiday season.
- Avoid driving alone or at night.
- Keep all car doors locked and windows closed while in or out of your car.
- If you must shop at night, park in a well-lighted area.
- Park as close as you can to your destination and take notice of where you parked.
- Do not leave packages or valuables on the seat of your car.
- Ask mall or store security for an escort before leaving your shopping location.
Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
- If you must use an ATM, choose one that is located inside a police station, mall, or well-lighted location. Withdraw only the amount of cash you need. Shopping
- Dress casually and comfortably.
- Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- Even though you are rushed and thinking about a thousand things, stay alert to your surroundings.
- Pay for purchases with a check or credit card when possible.
- Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, "con-artists" may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.