1. Apply to Reynolds
- Apply online at Reynolds.edu and receive your Empl ID (student ID) and username
- Log on to MyReynolds within 24 hours of applying. (password will expire)
- Apply for Financial Aid. Complete Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA)
- Apply online for Reynolds scholarship.
2. Get Placed
- Submit your official transcripts and/or test scores. ( Transcripts include college, GED, high school, and Joint Services transcripts)
- Submit test scores. (ACT, AP, CLEP, GED, IB, and SAT)
- The assessment determines which developmental courses if any, students must take in order to prepare for credit-level courses.
- Students may take the test only once in a four-month period.
3. Start Educational Benefits
- If you have never received VA education benefits, apply online using the following link https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/. On this form, select which military benefit you are applying for.
- If you previously used military benefits at another institution, you do not need to re-submit the VONAPP. To transfer your benefits to Reynolds, complete the VA 22-1995 form https://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-22-1995-ARE.pdf. If you are an active duty service member or a veteran and want to transfer your benefits
- Complete the VA 22-5495 https://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-22-5495-ARE.pdf (Change of Program Place of Training Form if you are a military dependent or spouse who has received benefits under Ch. 33 or Ch. 35.)
4. Get Advising
- Advising is important to your success at Reynolds! Speak with an advisor before you register for classes or anytime during the semester to learn more about how you can connect with resources, plan your college experience, and achieve your goals!
We are committed to providing you with a coordinated care advising experience that will strengthen your connection to Reynolds. To assist you in meeting your goals, Reynolds First Year Advisors and Faculty advisors work with intentional collaboration to ensure you have the resources to plan your academic, career, and transfer goals. For new and returning students, use the Navigate Student App to make a virtual or in-person appointment with an advisor and more! Available in the Apple and Google Play stores. You may also schedule appointments using MyREYNOLDS.
Having trouble? Contact the Reynolds Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (804) 523-6464.
- After you have met with an advisor and finalized a schedule, please submit a Certification Request Form.
5. Submit Military specific documents (that applies to you)
- DD214 if separated
- Current orders if on active duty
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Purchase Order (In Tungsten)
- VMSDEP- information must be in portal https://myvmsdep.dvs.virginia.gov/
6. Important to Know
- Personal Wellness: if you are a service member, a copy of your DD-214 waives credit for the personal wellness requirement. The VA will not pay for the personal wellness classes for service-members
- Developmental classes: online developmental classes cannot be certified.
- Repeats: Students who wish to retake a class after receiving a grade other than "W" or "F" cannot be certified unless the college catalog requires a specific grade as a prerequisite.