Use your military tuition assistance to pay for your Reynolds education!
Tuition Assistance (TA) is the term used for financial aid given by military branches to active duty and reserve service members for college courses. Each branch of the military has its own tuition assistance policy. Service members should contact their Education Services Officer (ESO) for detailed information.
Using your GI Bill® with TA
If you plan to use your GI Bill® with TA, please fill out the online Certification Request Form each semester. Contact the Veterans Resource Center if you have any questions at (804) 523-5656.
All TA authorizations should be received by the Business Office prior to the applicable semester payment deadlines (based on when you register) in order to have all classes held. We recommend the following timeline for authorization submissions:
Fall Semester: August 10th
Spring Semester: November 15th
Summer Term: April 15th
How to Request Tuition Assistance
Navy, Marines and Coast Guard
- Visit navycollege.navy.mil to get started. Follow the Tuition Assistance Steps listed on the Navy College Program page.
- Complete the two required online training courses (once per naval career):
- Higher Education Preparation Course (HEUP)
- TA Policy and Procedures Training
TA must be approved by your command 14 days prior to the first day of class.
Questions? Contact Navy College Virtual Education Center (NCVEC) at 1-877-838-1659.
Visit afpc.af.mil to get started.
Army (Active and Reserve)
- Visit armyignited.army.mil to get started.
- Create an Account
- Create an Education Goal
- Upload an Academic Advising Report (available in your student center)
You can request TA no earlier than 60 days and no later than 7 days prior to the start of class. Once TA is approved, submit the approved TA authorization to email@example.com.
Visit nationalguard.com to get started.
If you are eligible for State or Federal TA:
- Federal TA can't be used with Montgomery GI Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR/Chapter 1606)
- State and Federal TA can't be used at the same time
- State TA can be used with CH 1606